6.16.2006

poolside epiphanies

I've been having a really good time lately. If the rest of my summer shapes up to be like these past few weeks have been, it's gonna freakin' rock ("too much rock for one hand!"-that's for you Amy). Come to think of it, I don't think the official first day of summer is until next week, so I'm ahead of the game. Sweet.

Tonight I came to fully realize there's just something completely comforting and reassuring about sitting around the pool with friends and feeling like I fit exactly within my skin. Feeling like I'm right in the place that God placed me, and fully growing and blooming in that place. Every once in awhile I feel I'm given a glimpse of what God is doing or has done, and this is one of those times. When I see my place now, I see what God did to get me here and for even just a moment it all clicks. It all makes sense. If you've never experienced that, I pray that for you. I don't believe we will ever be able to see the full picture. It's too big for us to comprehend--our minds aren't equipped for that kind of insight. But when God shows you just a slice of where you've at, where you've been, and where you're going it can bring a swell to your heart.

So, in a nutshell, I'm lovin' life right now. I'm throughly enjoying the warm weather, awesome friends, and good books.

Much love to you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

We ARE ahead of the game! Sweet. That, my friend, is definitely too much rock for one hand. :)

6/17/2006 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home